Imitrex is used for the treatment of migraines with or without aura. An aura is a strange feeling or visual disturbance that warns you of an attack. This medicine is not capable of preventing migraines though.
Active Ingredient: sumatriptan
Availability: In Stock (41 packages)
Free standard Airmail shipping for all packages with price starting from $200.00
What is it used for?
SUMATRIPTAN is used for the treatment of migraines with or without aura. An aura is a strange feeling or visual disturbance that warns you of an attack. This medicine is not capable of preventing migraines though.
What should my health care professional know before I receive this medicine?
Please do tell your physician if you have any of the following conditions:
- bowel disease or colitis
- family history of heart disease
- fast or irregular heart beat
- heart or blood vessel disease, angina (chest pains), or previous heart attack
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- history of stroke, transient ischemic attacks (TIAs or mini-strokes), or intracranial bleeding
- kidney or liver diseases
- poor circulation
- postmenopausal or surgical removal of uterus and ovaries
- Raynaud's disease
- seizure disorder
- an unusual or allergic reaction to sumatriptan, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How is this medicine should be taken?
Take it orally accompanied with a glass of water. This medicine is taken at the first symptoms of a migraine. It is not for everyday use. If your migraine headache returns after one dose, you can take another dose as directed. You must ensure that minimum 2 hours passed between doses, whilst never take more than a 100 mg as a single dose. The total daily limit is 200 mg during any 24-hour period. If there is no improvement after the first dose, do not take the second one without consulting with your doctor or health care professional first. You should never take this medicine more often than prescribed.
Contact your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine by children. Special care might be necessary.
Overdosage: If you suspect an overdosage, get in touch with the nearest poison control center or emergency room immediately.
NOTE: This medicine is only intended for your use. You should never share it with the others.
What to do if I missed a dose?
This does not apply; this medicine is not for regular use.
What are the possible interactions with the other medicine/food/etc?
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medicines:
- amphetamine or cocaine
- dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, ergoloid mesylates, methysergide, or ergot-type medication - do not take within 24 hours of taking sumatriptan
- MAOIs like Carbex, Eldepryl, Marplan, Nardil, and Parnate - do not take sumatriptan within 2 weeks of stopping MAOI therapy
- other migraine medicines like almotriptan, eletriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, zolmitriptan - do not take within 24 hours of taking sumatriptan
It may also trigger possible interactions with the following:
- medicines for mental depression, anxiety or mood problems
- medicines for weight loss such as dexfenfluramine, dextroamphetamine, fenfluramine, or sibutramine
- St. John's wort
This list is not all-inclusive. Provide your health care provider with a list of all the medicines, herbs, non-prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you use. Also tell them whether you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal drugs. Some of those items may also interact with your medicine.
What should I watch for while taking this medicine?
Take this medicine only for a migraine headache. Take it if you get warning symptoms or at the beginning of a migraine attack. It is not to be used regularly to prevent migraine attacks.
You may experience drowsiness or dizziness symptoms. You shouldn’t drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how exactly this medicine affects you. To reduce dizzy or fainting spells, do not sit or stand up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. Alcohol can increase drowsiness, dizziness and flushing. Refrain from using alcohol at all costs.
Smoking cigarettes may increase the risk of heart-related side effects from this medicine.
Does this medicine have any possible side effects?
The following side effects should be reported to your doctor or health care professional as soon as they are noticed:
- allergic reactions like skin rashes, itching or hives,face, lips, or tongue swelling
- issues with breathing
- changes in vision
- chest or throat pain, tightness
- fast, slow, or irregular heart beat
- increased or decreased blood pressure
- problems with balance, talking, walking
- severe stomach pain and cramping, bloody diarrhea
- tingling, pain, or numbness in the face, hands or feet
The side effects listed below usually do not necessarily require any medical attention (please do report them to your physician if they are recurrent or bothersome):
- feeling warm, flushing, or redness of the face
- muscle pain or cramps
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- weak or tired
Other side effects are also possible, the above list is not all inclusive.
Where should I store it?
Keep this medicine out of the children’s reach.
This medicine should be stored at the room temperatures between 2 and 30 degrees C (36 and 86 degrees F). Dispose of any unused medicine after the expiry date is reached.
This is how your parcel will look like, the images are photographs of real shipments.
It has the size of a normal protected envelope and it does not disclose its contents.